Self publishing can be a great way to get your ideas out there, but how do you even get started with a project as huge as this?
You鈥檒l hear how she used her experience as a television developer to create the plot and characters in her book, and you鈥檒l discover how to break a huge project down into manageable chunks to help you achieve your goals.
So, if you鈥檝e got an idea that鈥檚 been floating around your head for some time, you鈥檒l find plenty of effective ideas in this week鈥檚 interview to take the next steps…
Self Publishing For Artists – how to get Started
鈥淲hen you have the creative fire burning inside you, sometimes you just don鈥檛 know what to do with it and it has to come out.鈥澛燑span style="font-weight: 400;">~ JP Cawood.
Key Moments From This Interview:
- Why collaborating with others (such as editors, other artists, and getting feedback) is the key to successful self publishing
- How to research your ideas and make sure your ideas are original
- Why self publishing gives you complete artistic freedom over your project
- How to learn from what others have done and adapt this to your own idea
- How to create the outline for your story and write your first draft (without worrying too much about perfection)
- How to help your audience relate to your story
- How to ask for feedback and weigh up advice from others
- How to enjoy the highs and get through the lows when working on a self publishing project
- Why getting help with your project is more affordable than you might think
- How to promote your work effectively and reach out to the right audience
- How to develop your ideas beyond self publishing and take them into all kinds of new and exciting directions.
Watch the trailer for Love From Mars below:
We hope this week’s聽interview with JP Cawood gives you lots of insights into self publishing and helps you take the first steps with your own project.
Have you self published before or thinking of doing so soon? Tell us about your project in the comments box below!
People on this Episode:
Links From聽This Episode:
Thanks for listening to our show! We鈥檒l be back next Wednesday morning 8AM EST.
The Pencil Kings podcast is sponsored by Freshbooks – small business accounting software for artists and creatives.