Want to learn how to live like an artist and build a successful creative career…but feel like you鈥檙e getting nowhere even though you鈥檝e been working really hard?
With social media, Kickstarter campaigns, and networking (not to mention all the other things freelance artists have to do to get their work out there), you can start to feel pretty burned out if you鈥檙e not careful.
So that鈥檚 why you might find this week鈥檚 interview with artist, Marc Scheff, really helpful.
Because, with a young family to support and his own art career to look after, he鈥檚 had first-hand experience of just about all the issues an artist can face.
And now, with www.makeyourartwork.com, a site dedicated to helping artists move forwards in their careers, he鈥檚 sharing everything he鈥檚 learned with you.
How to Live Like an Artist – Marc’s Advice For a Successful Creative Career
鈥淚 make art. It makes me happy. There鈥檚 a certain number of people that it also makes happy. And that鈥檚 better for me than scrolling through social media feeds and looking at all the terrible things that are happening.鈥 ~ Marc Scheff.
Key Takeaways From This Interview:
- Why networking and collaborating with other artists can make your projects happen.
- Why you need to be patient and keep hustling to eventually get the results you want.
- How Marc鈥檚 teaching modules and bootcamps are helping artists…and some of the biggest questions most artists ask.
- Why authenticity is the key to building a successful social media presence…but why all those likes and shares don鈥檛 necessarily equate to sales of your work.
- What really drives a viral post on social media…and how a chance photo with Ivanka Trump (yes, really!) brought Marc more ‘attention’ than he ever really wanted.
- Why your art career requires constant attention and development…and why even the biggest names still have to do exactly the same kind of things as you do.
- Why regular exercise can have a much bigger impact upon your creativity than you might think.
- How to make time for yourself and get a really good night鈥檚 sleep (Tip: This is also super important for creativity)
- Why learning how to ask for help from others can help you reach your goals.
- Why limiting your time on social media really can enhance your general wellbeing.
- How to find out more about Marc鈥檚 dedicated artist programs and finally start having the creative career you鈥檝e always wanted.
We hope this week’s聽interview with Marc Scheff helps you learn how to live like an artist and make the small changes that could have a huge impact in your creative career.
Got any great lifestyle tips of your own to share? Let us know in the comments box below!
People on this Episode:
Links From聽This Episode:
- Makeyourartwork Website
- Marc’s Website
- Follow Marc on Instagram
- Trust Me, I’m Lying – Book by Ryan Holiday
- Sktchy App
Thanks for listening to our show! We鈥檒l be back next Wednesday morning 8AM EST.
The Pencil Kings podcast is sponsored by Freshbooks – small business accounting software for artists and creatives.